Thursday, May 05, 2011

Table of Contents for Athabasca University essay assignments

From 2008 to early in 2011 I dedicated much of my time to taking courses at Athabasca University. I completed eleven courses and withdrew from a couple more. My general aim was to get the Bachelor Degree that I should have achieved in my twenties. (Oh well).
While I promise to write more on what went right and what went wrong with my university education; in this blog I will simply write an table of contents for the essay submissions that I have translated into blogs.
  • Course: HIST203 Western Art I
  1. Essay: A description of the Minoan Snake Goddess
  2. Essay: Influence of Concrete on the Development of Roman Architecture
  3. Essay: Characteristics and Development of Middle Period Byzantine Art
  • Course: HIST201 Western Culture I
  1. Essay: The writings of Plato and Aristotle and their Influence on the Philosophy of pre-Renaissance Europe
  • Course: HIST307 The Pacific Century
  1. Essay: Western influence and penetration into late nineteenth century China
  2. Essay: Lu Xun, Kita Ikki and their struggles for the “national souls” of China and Japan
  • Course: HUMN360 East Meets West
  1. Essay: Similarities and Differences between Buddhism and Taoism
  2. Essay: Ideas and Values of Robert Pirsig as influenced by Eastern Thought with an emphasis on Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
  • Course: ENGL384 Writing Creative Non-Fiction
  1. Essay: Photographic Memory Fish
  2. Essay: Irish Letters: Kate Armstrong Overin
  3. Essay: Close Reading of “The Night My Mother Met Bruce Lee”
  4. Essay: English Bay: The Tide Always Returns
  5. Essay: Letter regarding: Paris Exposition 1900
  • Course: ENGL353 Intermediate Composition
  1. Essay: Cutting Gizmo's Hair
  2. Essay: Judging a Book by its Cover
  3. Essay: Variability of Weather in Alberta and Vancouver
  4. Essay: Learn Communication Skills with Toastmaster International
  5. Essay: George Orwell’s Writing: a Criticism of Language
  • Course: HERM301 Heritage Resources Management
  1. Essay: Totem Pole Art: Changing Perceptions with comments on Collection, Preservation and Renovation

No comments: