Sunday, November 05, 2006

Photo Changes / Optimism

I was trying out some new / old software yesterday. I have been using the free and shareware editions of ACDSee for years and have always found it to be a great and easy to use to organize and view my photos. 
Yesterday I downloaded a 7-day trial updated version. It has all the old basics along with a couple of new wrinkles. The built-in editor was great and I just might have to give in and make a purchase. This editor did a great job of updating some of my old web pictures. The newest part that I like is the automatic exposure and removal of color cast options. It is once again amazingly easy it is to do some web things that formerly were difficult to do. I also updated some of the oldest pictures on my web pages. Many of these are the larger pictures that open up from the little thumbnail buttons. (Yes I know that almost no-one every does that but I have not given up hope). 
Some examples include the FijiMe[No link] and MelleFr self-portraits from 1975 and 76. It has been pointed out to me that my previous post seemed horribly pessimistic... but anyone seeing me on that beach in Fiji will realize that I have had some great times in my life. I remain highly optimistic that some of those great times will come again.
[This page was updated in 2020 with links to Archive.org]

No comments: